My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We made it home, finally!!  The ride home was fun but hot! We took our campers with us and ours is a RV so we get to ride in it  but the air conditioner doesn't run in the entire camper, just the front. So it gets a little hot in there. We managed though! 

I will never forget our "08" vacation!  It's amazing how much fun you can have with people you love the most!  Nothing in the world is better than laughing and having a good time with your family and family friends!  I've have truly been blessed with the people in my life! I thank God everyday for them and the times we get to share together. 

On another note, we have a HUGE camper full of stuff that we have to get out and put up before bedtime... Doesn't that sound fun? No, not really, but i have to do it anyway.  My parents said that we can wait until it gets a little cooler outside before we start toting stuff in but we're in Texas, not sure that's going to happen!  During that time of "cooling off" i decided to let you guys know we made it home safe and our trip was indeed an unforgettable one! 

Vacation is now officially over and it's back to the real world.  We have about a month left of summer and then it's back to school. On a good note, it's my last year in high school. Yes, i'm going to be a senior!! Being that i am going to be the oldest in the school, i feel that i need to step up and become a good christian example for younger students. Our school is full of filth and there are many students who do not know our Lord God.  My goal this year is to not only reach out to those students but to lead them into becoming followers of Jesus Christ too!  I've not been the christian example like i should, but realizing that i have 3 grades full of students younger than me that look up to me showed me that i need to get myself together and be the person that God wants me to be in that school!  It's not going to be easy but i know that God is on my side and He will never leave me! 

I've always wanted to read the entire Bible all the way through. From Genesis to Revelation, but i seem to not be in the mood sometimes or just don't feel like reading. I started reading Genesis the week before we left for vacation and stopped at chapter 9. Not real sure why, I just did. During vacation I realized that if I continue to read the Bible, God will bless me in ways I could never imagine. It's the times when I don't feel like reading when I need to the most so i can't get my heart right and realize that nothing else is more important than falling more in love with Jesus Christ!  Starting now I am going to begin a journey that will change my life forever. I am going to read through the entire Bible with the hopes of finishing before Jesus returns (ha.. just a little humor there).  But seriously I really really want to do this and never go a day without talking to God. A day without God is almost like a day without air. We NEED Him just like we need air to breathe. We need God to make it through the days when we feel like giving up and the days when everything is going great because He is the reason why it was so great!  

That's just a little taste of what's going on in my little head! I know God is going to work in my life and He will yours too if you let Him! 

My heavenly Father, 
Thank you so much for the relaxing vacation this week, and for giving me such an amazing family to spend it with. I pray that you open my heart to everything you have to say to me during this journey I am about to begin with you!  I love you Jesus and once again thank you for blessing me beyond my imagination!  It's in your name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I brought in two loads already, and i must say it is HOT! We aint in Missourri no more and you can sho' tell it!