My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Friday, July 25, 2008

New Girl in Town

Hey everyone. So i'm new to all this and don't really know much about it but one of my BEST friends Megan Kilgore has a blog and i LOVE it so i decided to start one of my own! 

As you can see in my title this is my "resting place".  A place i can go and be myself and just let my mind take me wherever God leads.  I've grown up in church my whole life and God is definitely the cornerstone of my family, but sometimes i find myself not where i need to be.  I'm hoping that this blog will be a place where i can come and be completely transparent.  It's so easy to hide our struggles and what we are going through,  but i believe sharing  is the best thing you can do. Whether it's struggles, praises, fun times, sad times, or even crazy/goofy times, i plan to share with you my deepest thoughts and hopefully you will be blessed by them. 

So we've been on vacation this week and tonight is sadly our last night here in the good ole state of Missouri! We came with good friends and we have had the best time! I just love getting to spend time with them!  The adults went to a 50's show tonight but the girls decided that didn't sound so entertaining, so we decided to go to the Hollywood Wax Museum. It was rather odd in my opinion but that's just me! But it was neat to see how real the people actually looked. 

Overall this week has been an enjoyable time of getting away from the real life and just being lazy for once! We have definitely had some fun times together!  I wont get into those you can just read Megan's blog!! She tells it all!! :) 

Well i think that's about it for the first blog! I know it's probably not the best but i'll get the hang of things as i learn!! Thanks for reading! I hope God blessed your day like He has mine!

 


1 comment:

Megan said...

Hey Beck - welcome to bloggerland!

I'm so glad you decided to start one of these... i will come check everyday that i get a chance. I hope this will truly be a place where you can come and be yourself... a place for you to be REAL and GROW!

I'm excited about you wanting to read the bible through - i'm doing the same thing.

Anyways i've said enough! I love You and i'm excited that you are on this new journey! You will be blessed!

Do What Ya Gotta Do...

LOVE YOU MUAH!