My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Journey Begins

My day started off with a dreadful wake up call by my mother pouncing on my bed at about 8:30.  I pretended I didn't hear her, but it never works. She said "lets get to work!"  Off we were to clean out the camper from our vacation! Love packing, hate unpacking. After we finished unloading everything my parents decided to work in the yard.. yes in this 100 degree weather! I got out of it by promising to keep the laundry going. That all started at bout 10 and it's still going... Lots of laundry eh? 

Being that I was waken up and such an early time to do a chore I had to wait to start my journey.  I decided to being reading after the third of fourth load of laundry.  Like I mentioned before I had already started reading Genesis but stopped at chapter 9. Well I picked up where I left off and I am now almost half way through this incredible book. 

We all remember the story of Noah. It's a classic. Everyone loves the story of the man that built a boat, but do we really understand the meaning of the story?  During vacation we saw a show called Noah, The musical. It was really good, but that's not what I'm getting to.. Before the show started my dad and I were talking and he said "many people focus completely on the stories of the Bible not realizing that all it is showing us is how all the people obeyed God without question and without fear."  I believe my dad is 100% correct.  As I began reading I came across the story of Abraham. Once again, a story we have heard many times.  Just like Noah, Abraham listened to God and did exactly what God told him to do without any complaints or concerns. He just did it.  These two stories are amazing but they are stories of obedience to God, and most of us see past that and see it as just another story.  

I want to become the kind of person like Noah and Abraham. Someone who will obey God no matter the circumstances or sacrifices I have to make.  I want to be hand-picked by God to make His name famous.  The point I am trying to make is that I want to become more obedient when God calls me to do something, and do it without complaining.  The two men I have been talking about were completely obedient to God and in return they were blessed. I want to live my life for God and for Him only. I want to obey him and trust in Him to bless my life even more than He already has. 

The laundry just went off... again.  So I'm off to fold and put away!  

God Bless-- Beck

Lord I come to you now with thanks for making your word clear to me today.  Help me become more obedient to your calling Father.  Thank you for being amazing to me and giving me the ability to read and learn from your word. I love you Father.

1 comment:

Megan said...

where you been girl?

It's been 3 days!

Hope your still fired up about your journey - hang in there.

I'm praying for you!

It takes discipline to start this journey... just want you to know i understand and i'm here if you want to talk or ask questions!

LOVE YOU!